EO Evangelist Programme
The FIRE project is bringing forward the novel concept of Earth Observation (EO) Evangelists, inviting professionals across the FIRE sectors (agriculture, energy, raw materials, infrastructure, marine, and urban) to advocate the benefits of EO to their peers. FIRE is looking for six impactful, motivated storytellers to promote the global benefits of EO in a way that will resonate with their target audiences. The selected EO Evangelists should have a strong background knowledge of their respective sectors and ideally have personal experience to share on how EO has helped improve their business and added value. The EO Evangelists should understand the commercial pain and gain points of their sectors and be able to communicate easily with other professionals in their sector. Ultimately, they will play the role of an “influencer”.
EO Evangelist role
- Become the voice of the FIRE project and EO within your sector
- Receive professional presentation coaching services delivered by professional coaches
- Deliver two presentations in two large events of your sector between June 2021 and July 2022.
Who can become an Evangelist
- Are you an experienced professional with a high standing in one of the FIRE sectors? Or are you an experienced EO professional with expertise in one of the FIRE sectors?
- Do you have a reputation for delivering high-quality content across a range of media?
- Are you motivated to advocate Earth Observation in your sector?
- Do you have experience as a speaker?
- Are you passionate about communicating new concepts to your peers?
- Are you a resident in one of the eligible countries?
YOU can be the first EO Evangelist!
Confirm if you are eligible in the Ultimate Guide for EO Evangelists
What are your benefits
- Increase your professional visibility
- Access to network with the target sector experts and EO experts
- Benefit from professional presentation training services
- Get financial remuneration for the time spent in the training and presenting at events
- Become recognised as a pioneer of EO uptake in your target sector
- Join the community of practice including people and tools at the “School of EO Evangelists”
How to apply
Make sure you read the Ultimate Guide for EO Evangelists.
- Film a 2 minute video describing yourself and your suitability (Remember to provide us the link to your video)
- Explain your motivation in 200-400 words, why you want to become the first EO Evangelist
- Show us your public presence, links to any publications or public presentations you have done in the last 24 months
- Provide us with the links to the professional social media accounts you regularly use
You are invited to express your interest by filling in a form via the Apply button.
Twelve shortlisted candidates (two from each sector) will be invited to a follow-up interview (April 2021). A jury composed by four FIRE consortium partners will select the six most promising candidates to sign a contract with FIRE and become the first ever EO Evangelists in their sectors.